Families of kidnapped girls threaten demo over lack of results

The families of the three kidnapped girls have threatened to embark on a demonstration at the Western Regional Police Command if the police fail to provide concrete results on the investigation of the girls by February 22, 2019.

Addressing a press conference at Diabene attended by the families, Queen-mother’s, taxi drivers and residents, Micheal Hayford Grant called on the Police Command to produce the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) officer who allegedly aided the escape of the main suspect.

The only suspect in Police custody, Samuel Udoetuk Wills, is said to be behind the kidnapping of three girls in the Western Region, an issue which occurred between August and December 2018.

Samuel Udoetuk Wills is currently in police custody in Accra after he broke jail and went into hiding but was later rearrested at Nkroful near Takoradi.

He has failed to provide the location of the kidnapped girls.

He has been arraigned and is facing three counts of charges including escape from lawful custody, destroying public property and resisting rearrest.

Nana Adwoa Quayson, sister of one of the victims, Rita Quayson, is unhappy with the judge for not calling for a parade of the CID officers to enable the suspect to identify the person who aided his escape from lawful custody.

According to her, because the suspect confessed that he could identify the said CID officer, it was imperative on the judge to make an order in that regard instead of directing the suspect to produce his witness.

Committee tasked to ‘fish out’ CID officer who aided Takoradi kidnapper’s escape

Meanwhile, the Western Regional Police Command has set up a committee to investigate claims by the suspect that he was aided by an officer of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) to escape from police custody.

Public Relations Officer of the Western Regional Police Command, Olivia Adiku, told Citi News that the Committee had been tasked to ascertain the truth of the matter.

“The regional command has constituted a team of investigators headed by the Deputy Regional Crime Officer, Alhaji Fuseini. We are taking statements from anyone found to be connected to the kidnapping and those on duty at the time of the escape, to arrive at the truth,” she said.

citinewsroom.com

News Reporter

Leave a Reply

Privacy Preference Center

    Necessary

    Advertising

    Analytics

    Other

    %d bloggers like this: