Report On Obengfo’s ‘Murder’ Case Released

The Police on Friday, 11 January 2019, said it has received an “interim report” from the Attorney General’s office on the alleged murder case involving Dominic Kwame Obeng-Andoh, proprietor of Obengfo Hospital at Weija and his worker.

The prosecution led by Chief Inspector Simon Apiorsornu told an Accra District Court that the AG has directed the police to ascertain certain facts and report back for the final advice.

The court presided over by Aret Nsemoh adjourned the matter to 12 February 2019.

Dr Andoh is in court for allegedly murdering Stacy Offei Darko, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of National Entrepreneurship Innovative Programme (NEIP) who had visited his facility.

An accomplice Edward Amponsah a hospital cleaner, is being held for impersonation. The two accused persons’ pleas have not been taken by the Court.

Dr Andoh is on bail in the sum of GHS100,000.00 with one surety to be justified.

A Circuit Court had also admitted Dr Andoh to GHS50,000.00 bail for operating a health facility without a licence and practising medicine without lawful authority.

The facts as narrated in the murder case by the prosecution was that the complainant, Nana Akosua Animah, mother of Ms Darko aged 37 resides at Michel Camp, Tema.

On May 20, last year, Ms Darko went to Dr Andoh’s hospital for liposuction and fat transfer surgery, but she died at about 16:00 hours the following day.

The prosecution said on May 22, based on the orders of Dr Andoh, the hospital cleaner sent the body to three different mortuary facilities, but the body was rejected with the reason that a close relative must be present before it could be accepted in those morgues.

The cleaner, subsequently, sent the body to Saint Gregory Hospital Mortuary at Buduburam where he falsely presented himself to the Morgue Attendant as the biological brother of Ms Darko and thus authorised that the body be embalmed.

According to the prosecution, the body was then kept in the morgue without the knowledge of the actual relatives of the deceased.

The relatives, however, got wind of the incident on May 24, and reported the matter to the Police.

When the Police proceeded to the morgue and inspected the body, it found multiple surgery scars on some parts. The body was then transferred to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital Mortuary for autopsy and later the accused persons were arrested.

Source: GNA

News Reporter

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: